Dane turned FOUR! This little guy has got to be one of the coolest kids I know. He is fun to hang out with, quick to obey, happy, interested in everything, and easy to get along with. He is a smart kid. I really think he has his father's brain. He says things all the time that I can hear Matt saying. For example, the other day as we were heading outside we realized we were going to need coats. As I was getting the girls dressed and ready for the cooler weather, Dane comes back inside ad says, "mom, I need something to protect my head." Now, maybe that doesn't seem to weird but I am pretty certain I would have just asked for a hat. However, I am pretty sure Matt would have asked for something to protect his head. How about another example? I often will tell Dane he has a few more bites of his dinner and he can be done. Dane is never satisfied with an arbitrary number of "few." He always says, "mom, a few means three, right." He is a numbers guy and needless to say a few days later he was very familiair with what a few, a couple, and some meant.
Back to the birthday. His day started with French toast. I love birthday mornings! We baked a cake together. After that we had some neighbor friends over to play for a few hours. For lunch Dane had his all time favorite of peanut butter and honey. Nap time. Dane chose to have Chicken Divan Casserole for dinner. We waited for Daddy to come home and then the birthday party started. Dinner and cake and a few presents. It was a great birthday for a four year old!
Thanks Grandma for the pjs and clothes and the great space book!
Cake makes any one year old happy!
Thanks Nana for some new legos!
Matt and I bought Dane two nerf guns. We "hid" the guns in the pantry until his actual birthday. He would often run into the pantry and bring the guns out to look at them or show friends telling them, "this is what I get for my birthday." Maybe we should try harder to hide it next time.
1 comment:
so sweet!
Post a Comment