Matt had a week of training in Richmond-giving us all an excuse for a vacation! We were leery at first of hotel sleeping but after just a a night we were all situated and sleeping like babies. (What does that even mean...to sleep like a baby?) Matt attened his trainings through out the day while the kids and I explored Richmond. We found some great parks, sites, and museums. It was the perfect family vacation for three kids...three and under!
Our first find was the Armour House Carriage home. A house built in 1918 and owned by the Armour family. It was a beautiful home with a beautiful garden and of course a great playground nearby. The kids put up with it nicely. This was definitely a site that I wanted to see.
The hotel had a pool. Of course we took our little fishies for a swim. They were excited to be back in the water!
A pumpkin patch and hay ride!
On our way home we stopped at Maymont Park. I have never seen such a park. Farm animals, bears, eagles, japanese gardens, waterfalls, horse drawn carriages, etc. It was a great way to end our family vacation.
All packed up and ready to head home.
3 comments:
Emmalyn has such squishy cheeks! I just wanna eat them up! ;) I love all these pictures, you are so brave to take three kids under three on vacation!
The older Eliza gets the more I think she looks like you Jeanette. Her facial expressions are spot on and take me back to when we were blond headed beauties. Plus it seems as though she will have your gift of crusty looks and nose picking awesomeness.
I can't wait to see these kids every day...since I will be hanging out with you everyday that you are here! E.V.E.R.Y.D.A.Y!!!
So glad you went to Maymont!!! Also, so glad we got to see you :)
Post a Comment