Emmalyn Bradford
15 August 2012
2:41 pm
9 pounds 0 ounces
21.5 inches
- Doc appointment on Tuesday at 9:40 am.
- Return home to life as normal. Feed the kids, play toys, take naps, make dinner, put kids to bed.
- Around 8:00pm mild contractions begin...again. I had been having false labor for weeks.
- Matt heads to bed around 10:00. I told him "I think this might "really" be the night. (I have only said that to him every night since 37 weeks)
- Contractions are a little too painful to go to bed so I stay up. Contractions continue to build.
- 1:00am I have a HUGE contraction that sends me into "real" labor. This starts everything in motion.
- Call our good friend to stay with the kids, load the car, drive to the hospital.
- Admitted around 3:00am
- After five hours of penicillin IV we are ready to have a baby.
- After five hours of contractions and trying me best to manage the PAIN a little baby is born.
Those aren't the real nitty gritty details but that is basically how it happened. In the end, we had a beautiful little girl who is simply wonderful. Another little miracle!
Dane took this picture for me right before we left for our morning appointment. LARGE!
Right after being admitted. These pictures are always kind of funny to me. Clean hair, happy smile, feeling great- fast forward a few hours and you would find hair up in a pony, serious (and pain ridden) face, and feeling like all you want is DRUGS!
Our little Emmalyn. We love our babies fleshy!
DOES THAT SAY 9 POUNDS! I had guessed she would be 8 pounds. Matt guess around 8 pound 8 ounces. We were both a little off!
Daddy and his little girl. Nothing better!
The kids meeting her for the first time.
We were just about to leave the hospital when I realized we never took a family photo.
Quick guys everyone on the bed! Love Eliza's smile!
Quick guys everyone on the bed! Love Eliza's smile!
Let's get out of here. It was quite the sight. Daddy leading the way with bags and baby and me pushing a double stroller carrying my pillow. I am sure we were a sight for conversation- three kiddos - three and under. Isn't it wonderful?!!
We are so glad to be home. I love the moments when all five of us are sitting around the dinner table, reading a story before bed or simply playing toys. What could be better than having all our greatest blessing surround us! Welcome to the craziness Emmalyn!
6 comments:
Love it love it love it. I've got to say, I'm a little jealous. Do I still have a 4 month old? Yes, and yet I'm missing my newborn babies. I told Danny last night "I'd be okay with having a new baby in 9 nine months." He didn't agree. Chicken. Okay, that probably would be really hard.
What a pretty name! It matches such a pretty girl. :) Congratulations again, I'm glad everything went smoothly and that you both are healthy!
Soooo excited for you. Can't wait to come visit. When you are feeling up to it we for real need to plan something!! I'm going to be in DC in a couple weeks but I think I am driving with some friends :/.
Love, love that name...congratulations, so fun to see your growing family.
wonderful pictures, marvelous story... so glad you are doing so well and that Emmalyn is finally joining the crew
congratulations you guys!!!! she's so precious. you're such a good mommy!!!!!
Post a Comment