Saturday, December 29, 2012

and...here we go...

Life has changed just a bit for the Bradford Family!  Matt has recently been deployed to Afghanistan and the kids and I are in Idaho.  Although we don't particularly like the changes we both realize the next six months will have their perks.

We are 7 days into the deployment and everyone is doing well.  We talk daily, the kids (for the most part) understand, and we are all being well taken care of.  It was a blessing in disguise to have Matt's departure date occur over the Holidays.  The kids and I were swept away with the busyness of the Holiday season...not to mention the 22 people in our house bussling.  I suppose if the timing had to be the way it was then things worked out great!

On to other news:

Emmalyn rolled over!  Yay!  No one saw it but I did hear her whimpering because she was on her tummy.  

Emma has begun rice cereal and she loves it. She has had rice and bananas...and maybe the occasional ice cream.  At the last doctor appointment the doctor made it clear that I would be needing to feed her food soon to "keep up with her."  I thought it was funny.  Bring on the mess!

We had a white Christmas and the kids have loved shuffling in the snow in their new boots!  










I hope you all have had a wonderful Holiday Season. 
 On to 2013!





3 comments:

Tina said...

oh wow! sounds like lots of changes... are you and the kiddos staying in Idaho till he gets back? I bet the kids will love it there. Miss you guys and jealous of the snow.

Love ya!

Angela said...

WHAT? You are 20 minutes away and I missed the first roll over!

Megan said...

You guys are incredible. I have so much admiration and respect for you and all the military families out there who have to be separated from each other. I hope the next 6 months go by quickly for you all!

It was so wonderful getting your Christmas card in the mail. :) I'm glad you were able to enjoy the holidays and continue to find ways to have fun!