Sunday, April 15, 2012

Worms, Ticks, and Easter

I have debated if I should share this story but Matt says it's funny and I should. No judgments from the peanut gallery, please...

The other day I was outside working in the flower beds, weeding and spreading mulch. I was pretty involved yet still with-in a quick reach of the kids. (our yard isn't THAT big) Dane and Eliza were in the garage playing when I hear Dane running toward me and yelling, "Momma, Eliza, worm. Eliza eat worm." I figured I better stop what I was doing and check on her. I find Eliza standing in the garage looking very cute and innocent-----and chewing on something. I rip of my gloves and shove my finger in her mouth. I begin a quick search for a worm...and would you believe that our sweet little girl put a live three inch worm in her mouth. I grabbed onto part of the worm and three inches of slimy, yucky, wiggling worm followed. (If you want a visual, think spaghetti!!) Wow, gross!

She suffered no damage!

I have to admit I was pretty impressed that Dane knew to come tell me. Had it been any of my brothers they would have started chanting, "Eat it, eat it, eat it." :)

...and Matt got bit by a tick today.

below was our attempt at an Easter picture. Eliza was obviously excited about posing for a picture...she is asleep, in case you thought she just blinked. I thought maybe I could fake a "cheek to cheek with her momma" pose. Not so much- but still pretty cute! And, who doesn't love a good Dane smile!!

2 comments:

sharon said...

great....I think I see a "Survivor" contestant in the making. I will live vicariously through her...should've tried out for the show on it's 2nd season! Eliza can be on the 78th season.
love gma

Heather said...

he really does have the best smile! :)