I love this picture. If not for the cute way Dane plays with his Train then for his very hammy smile! We love this little boy. When we play with the train tracks (which happens to be nearly every minute Dane is awake) we ALWAYS build a tunnel. If the tunnel is "accidentally" knocked over by Eliza you can guarantee Dane is going to cry. Sometimes Eliza knocks over the tunnels on purpose to watch Dane cry.
The other day we lost Thomas. Dane walked around the house the whole day saying "Momma, where train go?" or "Where Thomas?" ALL DAY LONG. Every ten minutes I was being asked where his train went. Matt and I both searched the house over. Twice. Thomas was just plain lost.
We aren't the kind of parents that say "Our kid really wants (blank) lets get it for him" but this time things were a little different. Dane really wanted Thomas back and by golly we wanted him to stop asking us where Thomas went. SO...amazon.com to the rescue. I was lucky enough to find the exact Thomas with SAME DAY DELIVERY for only an added 3.00 to the total price. Not bad and totally worth it. Thank you Amazon!
Daddy had come home early that day and did the honors of giving Thomas to Dane. Dane was sleeping at the time and needed to wake up (it was nearly 5:30pm...he had already been sleeping for 3 1/2 hours). Daddy snuck in his room said "Dane, look who it is. It's Thomas." Dane reached up, took Thomas, and rolled back over to attempt to go back to sleep. What a kid. Dane since has not let Thomas out of his sight for longer than 30 seconds. He loves that Thomas!
So, there is our Dane update. Next up: Eliza's first birthday! Hopefully that will be coming shortly!
One more picture: This is Dane blowing out a "Happy Valentine's Day" candle. He loves blowing out candles. He sings Happy Birthday five or six times a day and at the end of the song always pretends to blow out the candle. Perhaps blowing out candles will become a tradition for every holiday. (at least for now) Note: we were having pink German Pancakes. After we ate and I was cleaning up plates and trays I realized just how nasty Pink German Pancakes look- more like hotdogs or salmon. Awesome!
1 comment:
ooooh I love a good Dane update! I can't wait for Matt's turn!!!
Post a Comment